Enter the Blog

This blog was created as part of my studies - MTeach (teacher librarian) -hopefully here you may find some musings on education, libraries, life and studying along with generally witty and insightful comments (if i can manage any!).

Please add comments along the way. I'll be glad for any input, especially from fellow students and library lovers

Kylie




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

edition 13 - blogging, ILSC and TL literature

just a quickie as have to pick up girl 1 from school in 10 mins!
Have been looking at assignment 2 - don't think the marking sheets are as helpful for this one.
Also think that maybe i haven't quite been blogging the learning journey they were expecting - not enough about the course material and too much about my responses to being a student. Perhaps this is one critical reflection for my blog section!
I guess my approach to blogging is quite informal, though i know that some students blogs are quite rigorous and follow the module and forum blogs closely, it just doesn't sit right with the way I'm inclined to write. This is not to say that i haven't been reflecting on my journey, I keep internally referring to some of the reading's I've done and there are a few terms, questions and ideas that recur - has information fluency become the acceptable term now for information literacy? How many principals have heard of an ILSC, why didn't i have a better understanding of the scope of the TL and where/how should that understanding have been communicated to me, and would i still be unaware if i hadn't started this course (very probably) and part of this keeps coming back to modelling of other teachers (after all that's who us beginning teachers look to), the school's pedagogical approaches, philosophies and expectations, teacher training, induction and the cross-over in literature. My subject areas are history, geography, social studies and science (yes it is a funny combination!) but in all the literature i read about teaching in general and subject specific, I don't recall a single article that was either written by a TL or referred to how the library/TL may be utilised in terms of planning or resources. Perhaps the real revolution needs to start at the teacher training level. Though as many of you (and me) have pointed out the potential success of the TL in cases does come down to personality.

anyway, back to the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment