Enter the Blog

This blog was created as part of my studies - MTeach (teacher librarian) -hopefully here you may find some musings on education, libraries, life and studying along with generally witty and insightful comments (if i can manage any!).

Please add comments along the way. I'll be glad for any input, especially from fellow students and library lovers

Kylie




Friday, April 5, 2013

Mind maps and Information literacy


I am now in the process developing my 3rd concept map representing school leadership (it seemed a little extreme to me too!). However, when explaining to a family member why I was doing this instead of writing my essay, the penny dropped. I realised that I needed to go through this process of refining, redrawing and re-conceptualising in order to get to the point where I could actually (be happy with) and use the concept map to develop a narrative.

The simplicity of the map belies the complexity and amount of work that has gone into creating it but having said that, I am very pleased I didn't stick with my initial ones.

On another note this is an interesting paper which some of you may find useful.  

Intersections of Scholarly Communication and Information Literacy: Creating Strategic Collaborations for a Changing Academic Environment, a white paper published by the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).

No comments:

Post a Comment