Enter the Blog

This blog was created as part of my studies - MTeach (teacher librarian) -hopefully here you may find some musings on education, libraries, life and studying along with generally witty and insightful comments (if i can manage any!).

Please add comments along the way. I'll be glad for any input, especially from fellow students and library lovers

Kylie




Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Digital Learning Environments

This week we need to choose a topic for a group assignment for Digital Citizenship. Our choices are digital learning environments, digital cizitenship in the curriculum, content creation and curation in digital environments and social media and networking.

I was initially drawn to the idea of content and curation - (undoubtedly its the Museum side of me) but after reflecting on things like sticky notes and diigo, Pinterest and other online tools I don't feel the same level of interest or ease of application in the education environment and I confess I have been an indifferent user of the diigo groups I have previously joined. DC in the curriculum may appear like an easier option but I think that Digital Learning environments seems like the right fit. I’m interested in the potential DLE tools like moodle, Edmodo, skooville and Mybigcampus to be used by TLs as a way of both providing access to resources as well as providing spaces for knowledge construction and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment