Enter the Blog

This blog was created as part of my studies - MTeach (teacher librarian) -hopefully here you may find some musings on education, libraries, life and studying along with generally witty and insightful comments (if i can manage any!).

Please add comments along the way. I'll be glad for any input, especially from fellow students and library lovers

Kylie




Wednesday, July 16, 2014

ETL 505

ETL 505

So begins ETL505 Information Resource Description. It sounds dry and difficult - I am wading through the text with its many terms and new vocabulary that I am trying to digest and wondering if I will get my head around things. Essentially though, information resource description is the metadata that one creates about an information resource that help users to find and access the resources they need to gain the knowledge they want.

I came across this image and thought that it quite aptly shows what I mean.


Metadata: http://www.kcoyle.net/img/meta_slide1.gif





No comments:

Post a Comment